ground turkey breast or black beans
chicken or vegetable broth
optional toppings: cheese, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute 3/4 cup yellow onion.
2. Add 1 pound ground turkey breast OR 2 15-ounce cans of black beans (rinsed and drained). Cook turkey until browned.
3. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tbsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, and 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken OR vegetable broth.
4. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Serve taco over lettuce leaves with desired toppings.
Recipe credit: Cabarrus Health Alliance