Rutabaga, skin removed
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1-2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice rutabaga in half, then into “fries.”
3. Add to bowl and add olive oil and spices. Mix to coat.
4. Spread out on baking sheet so none overlap.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and baking for another 10 minutes.
Recipe credit: Cabarrus Health Alliance
More about rutabaga:
The rutabaga is a root vegetable halfway between a turnip and wild cabbage. They are dense with nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, namely Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, phosphorus, Vitamin B1, potassium, and dietary fiber. Studies have also associated rutabagas with the following health benefits:
- Cancer prevention
- Diabetes and weight loss
- Metabolic function
- Digestion improvement
- Bone strength
- Enzymatic function
- Boosted immune system
- Blood pressure and cardiovascular health
- Mood improvement
(Source: Health Benefits Times)