1 pound DOLE® Asparagus, trimmed
1/4 cup olive oil
Sea salt and ground black pepper
3 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
1. Brush asparagus with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt to taste. Grilled over medium-high heat, turning often, until just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Arrange on a serving plate an drizzle with lemon juice mixture.
Roasted variation: Place asparagus on large baking sheet with sides. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, roll to coat asparagus. Bake at 375 degrees F 8 to 10 minutes or until tender crisp. Proceed as above.
According to Dole Food Company, this tasty veggie dish is a good source of:
- Vitamin A, which supports healthy vision
- Good Source of Iron, which helps carry oxygen in the body
- Excellent Source of Vitamin K, which supports normal blood clotting
- Good Source of Folate, which helps maintain a healthy heart
Recipe credit: Dole