1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
6 cups cauliflower florets
1 quart organic, reduced-sodium vegetable broth
1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
Pinch sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
4 teaspoons truffle oil
1. Heat olive oil in a large soup pot.
2. Add garlic, onion, celery, and fennel: saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower and broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is very tender.
4. Puree cauliflower soup in batches or use immersion blender. Return the soup to the pot to reheat.
5. Add fat-free half-and-half, and season to taste with sea salt and pepper if needed.
6. Serve in soup bowls, drizzle each bowl with 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil.
Recipe credit: Paulette Lambert, RD, CDE.