The NCRC Catalyst Group is comprised of students, fellows, and employees from all of the universities and companies on the North Carolina Research Campus (NCRC) in Kannapolis. This informal group was started in 2010 to allow people from the various schools and businesses on campus to meet each other and foster personal and professional relationships. Since 2011, we have expanded the offerings of the NCRC Catalyst Group to include speaking opportunities for members and host career development events. All activities by the NCRC Catalyst Group are run voluntarily by its members. The Catalyst Group is sponsored by the NC Biotechnology Center, UNC Chapel Hill Nutrition Research Institute and Dole Foods.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
To create, nourish, and sustain an academic community for students, fellows, and employees on the North Carolina Research Campus thereby fostering recognition and positive change.
The purpose of the NCRC Catalyst Group is to create, nourish, and sustain personal and professional relationships among trainees and employees on the North Carolina Research Campus. Membership includes all scholars who do not currently hold a permanent full-time tenure-track faculty or company management position. Our goals include, but are not limited to:
- Hosting monthly non-traditional career options luncheons (e.g. science writing, entrepreneurship, venture capital, science outreach, tech transfer, biotechnology, etc);
- Hosting quarterly career development workshops (e.g. grant writing, mentorship, networking, etiquette, etc.);
- Hosting an annual symposium to allow members to present their research to their peers and be recognized for their efforts;
- Providing a forum for social gatherings and scholarly camaraderie;
- Providing information to new and existing postdocs, students and research employees (e.g. welcoming committees, foreign visas, grant opportunities, housing locations, etc);
- Providing a forum for discussion of postdoctoral issues (e.g. career development).