½ cup winter squash, roasted and diced
2 ears of corn
2 pints blueberries, chopped
½ lime, juiced
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp mint, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
*Add up to 1 tsp finely chopped jalapeno pepper, according to personal preference, for heat.
1. Roast the winter squash for 20 minutes at 350°F, until soft. Dice into ½-inch cubes.
2. Roast corn in the husk in oven at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove husks and silks and shave the kernels off into a bowl.
3. Roughly chop blueberries.
4. Combine winter squash, corn and blueberries in a bowl. Add finely chopped jalapeno, if desired. Squeeze in lime juice and stir together.
5. Chop cilantro and mint. Combine with olive oil, cumin and cinnamon. Stir herb and spice mixture into bowl with blueberries, corn and acorn squash.
6. Serve immediately. Pair with fish or chicken, or serve as a salsa or a side to rice and beans.
Recipe credit: Aubrey Mast, MPH